Nutrition is an important aspect of a healthy lifestyle. Eating the right foods helps boost immunity, thus reducing the risk of various ailments, including cardiac conditions, diabetes, stroke and obesity. Besides, mindful eating also helps to lift one’s mood and energy.
A healthy, balanced diet comprises a sizeable portion of all essential nutrients – protein, carbohydrates, fibre, and healthy fats. Natural foods are the best source of these nutrients. A wholesome diet should include:
- Green vegetables and fruits
- Whole grains, whole wheat, brown rice
- Lean meat and poultry, eggs
- Legumes, beans, nuts and seeds
Healthy eating also involves avoiding certain kinds of food – fried, processed and salted foods – that are known to increase the risk conditions like hypertension, heart attack, obesity etc.
Dieticians/Nutritionists are health specialists, trained at counselling patients on what to eat to achieve a specific goal or promote overall health.
The department of Dietetics at Medica North Bengal Clinic is committed towards providing the highest quality nutritional care and practices to patients and staff. Our dieticians specialize in assessing and addressing the nutritional needs of patients with complex medical conditions. Dietary intervention plays a very important role in treatment outcome and helps in improving quality of life.
Our Areas of Expertise:
- Chronic ailments leading to malnutrition
- Obesity and related diseases
- Lifestyle disorders
- Metabolic disorders
- Eating disorders
- Geriatric and paediatric nutrition
- Patients predisposed to lifestyle disorders
- Specialized diet (PKU, CF, Keto, DASH etc)
- Patient education
- Individualized diet counselling
- Permanent dietary modification
- Inpatient/Outpatient consultation and diet plans